Professional Moving Quote and Consultation
You can receive an estimate in two ways. One is to fill out our Quote Request Form. We will contact you with an estimate based on the general information you’ve provided.
Alternatively, and often more accurately, you can call us to schedule an in-home estimate. We’ll spend about a half hour inventorying your belongings and asking you questions such as:
- How many miles is it to your new residence?
- How many flights of stairs are there?
- Will the truck have accessible parking?
- Do you need boxes or any other packing supplies?
CR Moving & Storage will provide you with a Not to Exceed estimate which will set a maximum price for the move. This estimate is based on the amount of household items we have inventoried, plus the answers to the questions above. If, on moving day, you need to add additional items or request a pick-up or drop-off that were not included in the original Not to Exceed estimate, we will ask you to sign a Change Order form.
Things to Look for In a Moving Company
- Choose a local moving company
- Make sure they have a physical “bricks and mortar” business address
- Insist that they be properly licensed (They will have been issued a Cal PUC T-Number)
- Make sure they have the required insurance coverage
- Avoid Too-Good-To-Be-True pricing
- Get a written quote and be sure to understand each aspect of the pricing so you can compare different bids with ease
- Ask for references